Monday, October 24, 2011

YES !!! Thank you Sherry and Jan for the reminder on encouragement. I thank each one of you as christian sisters (new creatures) for encouraging ME daily. This morning in my devotional with the kids it clearly talked about something soooooooooo similar. I love it when the Lord reminds us of these things near to the same time as our others sisters and brothers. CELEBRATE was the key to the devotional this morning. Of all people, we should be the most free, alive, and interesting. After all--think about Jesus as he rejoiced so fully in life-- As you are discipling your new friends I know they see confetti all over the room and experience mornings /evenings of celebration because YOU ladies have a savior that is alive and well in each of you. Thank you for the hours you devote weekly to your small group. I cannot wait for CELEBRATION ---a time where you and your ladies can share just exactly what HE has been up to over the last weeks. A time for you to be filled up and refreshed as well. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Coming up ---
Desert day preparations ----prepare them the week before their desert day (with the material I passed out during summer leadership--connecting with the almighty). Share your personal experiences with your desert days and pray with them in advance that the Lord will open their hearts, ears to hear from Him.

Celebration---Friday, November 18th from 6:30-8:30. We will have a time of worship, prayer, fellowship and vision casting---- AND desserts and coffee! If you can get the rsvp total to me that would be very helpful. Remember, each group will bring 3 desserts that can be picked up and eaten without utensils (ex. cookies, bars, etc).

DL commitment for next semester----- I will be calling you all this week to get a good handle on DL's that are ready to go next semester. Many of you have asked to keep your group and take them through the next studies. Absolutely----YES! You can most definitely do that. It makes perfect sense with all that we have studied about discipling. You have built relationships with these ladies and it would be an honor to take them through the other 2 studies they have not yet completed.

Sleep well tonight~Hugs and love
Marcie
John 15:5-8




1 comment: