Thursday, September 8, 2011

One Thing

" One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple."

Psalm 27:4

This verse has been rolling around in my head and heart the past few days. What a beautiful and bold statement David makes in this verse. If there was only one thing he could ask it would be to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of his life gazing on the Lord's beauty. There is enough beauty in Jesus to keep us gazing all of the days of our life and beyond!

So many times in my day to day life I get caught up with the temporal of what is going on in my life. I forget the utmost thing, to gaze, to seek, to find the beauty of the Lord. I need to slow down and breathe and take a second or hour to gaze at my Lord, the lover of my soul. Jesus told Martha that "only one thing is needed!" (Luke 10:41) Indeed the cares of the world will pass away but HE is the one thing that will remain, even after I breathe my last breath. His face will be what I see. I desire to be a seeker, a gazer, now on this side of eternity preparing my heart to meet him face to face on that day!

This is my prayer for you and your ladies. I would encourage you to pray in this way for yourselves and the ladies in your group: that you all would be seekers and gazers on the Lord's beauty all the days of your lives. For some that journey will begin with these studies. For you, as DL's, the journey is deepened each day! May the Lord bless you this week as you seek and serve him!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder in the midst of a crowded day to seek and gaze upon the Lords beauty. As a God seeker I am making more time to slow down.

    ReplyDelete